DOJ in Uproar Over Official Response to Alex Pretti


Federal prosecutors in Minnesota are raising the possibility of a mass resignation in protest over the Justice Department’s response to the recent ICE killings of two U.S. citizens.
Prosecutors expressed frustration with U.S. Attorney Daniel Rosen, appointed by Donald Trump to lead the Minneapolis office, angered by the Justice Department’s retroactive smear campaign to justify the deaths of ICU nurse Alex Pretti and award-winning poet Renee Nicole Good. In an act of defiance, the state’s federal prosecutors reportedly told Rosen they might resign en masse, leaving the office to collapse under the weight of an unmonitored caseload, officials said. The Washington Post THURSDAY.
It’s not an idle threat: At least one prosecutor in the office’s criminal division has already resigned, the Job.
But ICE’s time to raid Minnesota is almost up.
Border czar Tom Homan, who recently took the reins of ICE and its sister agency, Customs and Border Protection, told reporters Thursday that he is working on a “withdrawal» plan to reduce the number of agents occupying the North Star State.
However, he stressed that he “is not abandoning the president’s mission to control immigration.”
But the way federal agencies have gone about implementing this program is simply illegal. The state’s chief federal district judge said in a legal brief Wednesday that ICE has violated 96 court orders since Operation Metro Surge began last month.
“ICE probably violated more court orders in January 2026 than some federal agencies have violated in their entire existence,” wrote Chief U.S. District Judge Patrick J. Schiltz.
In just a few weeks, Operation Metro Surge carried out militarized raids across Minnesota, terrorizing residents while carrying out what state officials described as “unconstitutional stops and arrests, all under the guise of lawful immigration enforcement.”


