Trump announces Iran deal has been ‘largely negotiated’ after 84-day war

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
President Donald Trump announced Saturday that a deal had been “extensively negotiated” with Iran and several allied countries, signaling an imminent end to the controversial 84-day war.
The president wrote in a Truth Social article that following a “very good call” with the leaders of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan and Bahrain, the deal is close to being finalized.
“An agreement has been extensively negotiated, subject to its finalization, between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran and the various other listed countries,” Trump wrote in his message. “In addition, I had a call with Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu, which also went very well.”
He added that the final aspects and details of the agreement are “currently under discussion and will be announced soon.”
FORMER WHITE HOUSE ENVOY WARNED TRUMP ON HOW NOT TO BE PLAYED BY IRAN

President Donald Trump said Saturday that a deal with Iran had been “extensively negotiated” and was “subject to finalization.” (Graeme Sloan/Bloomberg via Getty Images, file)
Trump also noted that a key provision of the deal involves the opening of the Strait of Hormuz.
This decisive announcement follows intense diplomatic efforts and military pressure surrounding the war with Iran.
Earlier in the day, Trump reportedly told Axios he was “solidly 50/50” on whether he would sign a deal or resume combat operations to “send them to the kingdom come.”
However, following the conference call with Arab leaders, a regional diplomat told Fox News that the discussions had been “very positive” and that regional leaders were strongly supportive of “the breakthrough President Trump has achieved through the talks.”
PATTON OSWALT SAYS BILL MAHAR WAS WRONG TO TRY TO ‘PUT’ Trump, and claims it always backfires on him

Trump said a key provision of the deal involves opening the Strait of Hormuz. (US Navy via Getty Images; Salwan Georges/Bloomberg via Getty Images)
The impending diplomatic deal comes against the backdrop of significant US military action in the region.
US Central Command recently announced it had redirected 100 commercial ships during a week-long maritime blockade of Iranian ports aimed at crushing the country economically.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Secretary of State Marco Rubio previously signaled that negotiators were making progress, emphasizing that any resolution would require Iran to keep the Strait of Hormuz open without tolls and return its enriched uranium.
This is a developing story. Please check again for updates.



