Andy McCarthy Explains Why Appeals Court Tossed Letitia James’ ‘Ridiculous’ Penalty Against Trump

https://www.profitableratecpm.com/f4ffsdxe?key=39b1ebce72f3758345b2155c98e6709c

Former federal prosecutor Andy McCarthy said on Thursday that the “scandalous sanction” was forced against President Donald Trump by New York Judge Arthur Engoron was “ridiculous” given what had been established.

A New York Court of Appeal ruled on Thursday that the $ 355 million in civilian sanction issued by Engoron in February 2024 violated the ban on the eighth amendment against excessive fines, but allowed other provisions of the judge’s decision to stand up. McCarthy told the co-host of “America’s Newsroom”, Dana Perino and the co-host of guests Bill Melugin, it was clear that the financial penalty “should go”. (Related: Jonathan Turley says that Letitia James may not have finished losing against Trump)

“I think Trump can ultimately be completely exempt on this subject, for the moment, the penalty is,” said McCarthy. “There was a division before the court of appeal on the property he continued to accumulate for a while.

WATCH:

“The court leaves another what they call the injunctive decisions that have been rendered by the court. So, certain things must be settled, such as monitoring the Trump organization,” said McCarthy. “But it came out of the most important part of the case, obviously and I think that there could still be a call to the highest court of appeal in New York, the court of appeal, where they will take care of the question which seems to have annoyed the appeal division, which is quite before sophisticated financial actors. »»

James brought an action against Trump in September 2022, alleging that he overestimated the value of real estate assets, including Mar-A-Lago, to obtain loans. She promised to investigate Trump, which she called an “illegitimate president” during her 2018 campaign for the Attorney General.

McCarthy said that James de Trump’s James helped him during the 2024 presidential campaign, declaring: “I think Trump is president because of the editorial staff.”

All the content created by the Daily Call News Foundation, an independent service and not a supporter of Newswire, is available free of charge to a legitimate news publisher who can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, the signature of our journalist and their DCNF affiliation. For all questions about our guidelines or in partnership with us, please contact Licensing@dailCallerwsfoundation.org.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button