Cowboys to talk to Micah Parsons after defensive star’s apparent in-game protest | Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys’ head coach Brian Schottenheimer plans to meet Micah Parsons, a Rusher All-Pro Micah Parsons unhappy with his actions during the recent pre-season victory of the team against the Falcons of Atlanta.
Parsons missed the whole pre-season of three games during a contractual dispute. He was the only cowboys player with no jersey on the sidelines in the Friday match with the Falcons. At one point in the third quarter, he set a training table behind the team’s bench while the cowboys were in attack.
Schottenheimer said on Saturday that he wanted to speak with the incident, who had become viral on social networks.
“Not to mention Micah, I have to understand what he was doing and why he did it,” said Schottenheimer at the conference call. “So, until I speak to him, I will obviously not talk about it.”
Parsons posted on social networks after the match a quote from the publication of the Mike Leslie de la WFAA position who said that the player was on the training table for “a relatively short part of the evening”.
“I would never lack respect for the guys who fight for their lives,” said Parsons, a quinier with four times and twice all of the first team.
Schottenheimer said that an MRI on the back on Friday was “clean” after Parsons mentioned the tightening of the rear at Minicamp in June. The coach expects Parsons to be ready to play for the opening of the season on September 4 against the Eagles of Philadelphia.
“I think [defensive end] is an area that we are quite deep, ”said Schottenheimer.
It is the last episode of an almost daily soap opera between Parsons, which asked to be exchanged, and the Cowboys and longtime owner Jerry Jones. Late Thursday evening, Parsons rubbed the cowboys of his social media bios and published what could be considered a farewell video to the organization.
The 26 -year -old is in the last year of his contract, but the cowboys could use the franchise tag to keep it in 2026 and 2027. From the point of view of Jones, he considers Parsons mainly under contract not only for 2025, but the next three seasons.
“I can’t imagine that someone sit for three years at all,” Jones said in the interview on Friday.
The parson profiles on its Twitter and Instagram pages list the two “TBDs” in place of the cowboys as an employer. And on Tiktok, he published a video that seemed to show him his farewell to Cowboys.
In an appearance on the YouTube show by Michael Irvin, Jones detailed what he had said to be a contractual offer in Parsons, which would have made him the highest paid NFL.
“No one appreciates Micah Parsons more than cowboys or me,” said Jones. “No one has ever offered him more money than I have to play football.
Parsons and Jones gathered earlier this year to discuss the parameters of the contract, among others. Jones said the two had set up an agreement. Parsons said it was the framework for discussions between Jones and the Parsons agent David Mulugheta.
“When we wanted to send the details to the agent, the agent told us to stick it,” said Jones. “Just so that you are clear.”
It was not clear when the cowboys contacted Mulugheta, whether it was shortly after the meeting or since Parsons publicly asked for a business on August 1 because its relationship with the Front Office continued to decrease.
Parsons attended a training camp but did not participate, and the video only speculated that he would sit the season and sacrifice his huge salary increase for 2025.
The cowboys have selected Parsons with the overall choice n ° 12 of the 2021 draft, and he signed a contract of $ 17.1 million over four years. Cowboys have recovered its fifth year option of $ 24 million for this season.



