Ukraine reports over 500 Russian combat drones in overnight attack

https://www.profitableratecpm.com/f4ffsdxe?key=39b1ebce72f3758345b2155c98e6709c

The Russian forces launched another large drone and a missile attack on the night against Ukraine, Ukrainian Air Force said on Saturday morning, while explosions were reported in several regions.

According to official reports, at least one person was killed and 22 others injured in strikes in the southeast region of Zaporizhzhya. Three children were part of the injured, wrote the regional military administrator Ivan Fedorov on Telegram.

Fourteen apartments and more than 40 private houses have been damaged. The buildings were cut off from the supply of electricity and gas, said Federov, citing at least 12 attacks with various weapons.

Russia annexed the Zaporizhzhya region in 2022 but does not control it completely. The eponymous regional capital remains under Ukrainian control.

The Ukrainian air forces reported that Russia had attacked with a total of 537 drones, 37 cruise missiles and nine ballistic missiles in different parts of the country, with aerial defenses engaging certain targets.

Explosions have been reported near the cities of Cherkasy, Chernihiv, Dnipro and the capital kyiv.

In the Dnipropetrovsk region, the authorities reported significant damage to infrastructure and several fires. No other information on losses was initially available there or in other places attacked.

The Ukrainian media had warned citizens to expect possible air strikes by Russian bombers.

Air defense officials said six strategic bombers had taken off from Russian aerodromes, potentially carrying missiles to hit Ukrainian targets. Shortly after, it was reported that the bombers had pulled several cruise missiles.

Attacks follow a major night strike on kyiv earlier in the week, during which drones and missiles killed at least 25 people, marking one of the deadliest assaults over three and a half of war.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told journalists that Russia was preparing a major offensive in the Eastern Donbass region, potentially targeting the areas around Pokrovsk where up to 100,000 soldiers are being massaged, Ukraine interfax reported.

He added that Ukraine was ready and that the situation remained under control.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button