Taylor Frankie Paul’s ‘Bachelorette’ season canceled after violent video emerges

https://www.profitableratecpm.com/f4ffsdxe?key=39b1ebce72f3758345b2155c98e6709c

ABC’s final season The bachelorette was canceled after a video surfaced online of its star, Taylor Frankie Paul, throwing chairs at her ex-boyfriend in front of her baby daughter in 2023.

The bachelorette was to premiere on Sunday. Paul was already doing interviews for the series when ABC parent company Disney announced the cancellation.

“In light of the new video that was just released today, we have made the decision not to move forward with the new season of ‘The Bachelorette’ at this time, and our goal is to support the family,” a Disney Entertainment Television spokesperson said in a statement.

Paul is a #MomTok influencer, with over 6 million followers, and the star of Hulu’s hit reality show, The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives.

That show recently halted production on its fifth season after reports emerged that Paul and his ex, Dakota Mortensen, were under investigation by police in Draper City, Utah, for an alleged domestic violence incident in February of this year. People reports.

The 2023 video, released by TMZ, shows Paul kicking Mortensen and choking him while Paul’s young daughter is nearby on a couch. Paul then begins throwing metal chairs at Mortensen. A chair seems to brush against the child, who begins to cry.

Paul was arrested after the 2023 incident on suspicion of domestic violence. Paul told podcaster Alex Cooper last year that those charges had been dropped and denied ever harming his daughter.

SEE ALSO:

With LTK integration, you can now shop ‘The Bachelor’ franchise while you watch

In light of the video circulating the Internet, Paul’s public relations team went after Mortensen, with whom she shares a son.

“Releasing an old video, which conveniently omits context, on their son’s birthday is a reprehensible attempt to distract from his own behavior,” a spokesperson for Paul said. People. “Fortunately, audiences have seen this act before and know who he is and unfortunately, many will recognize this pattern of manipulation, both in his actions on the show and from their own experiences.”

Before that of Paul Bachelor the season was canceled, she said People On Wednesday, she was disappointed that domestic violence allegations were tainting the show.

“Timing is difficult, and it’s a big problem. I feel like every first I’ve ever had, I’ve never fully appreciated it, so this is another one… it’s extremely difficult, and it’s taken everything to get me here today,” Paul told the magazine.

“I’m struggling, for sure, but also at the same time, I feel like if I don’t show up, I’m just giving away these opportunities and not appreciating what we’ve been working on and something super exciting that’s coming up.”

Social media was appalled by the video – and by Disney’s decision to hire Paul in the first place, after she had already faced allegations of domestic violence.

If you are a victim of domestic violence, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or visit thehotline.org.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button