Hamas leaning toward accepting Trump’s Gaza ceasefire plan within a day, source tells CBS News

Hamas and other Palestinian factions look to accept the president Trump’s plan to end the war in GazaAnd they will present the group’s response to the Egyptian mediators and Qatari on Wednesday, a source close to the process at CBS News said on Tuesday.
The plan, which Mr. Trump presented alongside the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the White House on Monday, is a 20 -point proposal Who, if he was accepted, would see a quick ceasefire in Gaza,, The release of all remaining hostages and a certain number of Palestinian prisoners in Israel, an increased flow of humanitarian aid and THE A possible transfer of control over the territory to an interim administration of Palestinian technocrats supervised by an international “peace council” chaired by Mr. Trump.
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is also said to be on the board of directors.
Alex Brandon / AP
Israel would maintain security control around the perimeter of Gaza.
The AFP news agency cited an official informed of the issue by saying that the Egyptian and Qatari mediators had provided Hamas representatives with a copy of the proposal.
The leaders of a certain number of Muslim majority nations, including key states in the Middle East, quickly reported the support of the plan. Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar published a joint declaration welcoming the “sincere efforts of the war in Gaza” by Mr. Trump “and affirming their” confidence in his ability to find a way to peace “.
“They underline the importance of partnership with the United States to ensure peace in the region. In this sense, the ministers welcome the announcement of President Trump concerning his proposal to end the war, to rebuild Gaza, to prevent the displacement of the Palestinian people and to advance a complete peace, as well as his announcement that he will not allow annexation of the West Bank,” said the joint declaration.
The president of the European Council, Antonio Costa, said that he had been “encouraged by the positive response of Prime Minister Netanyahu” to the American proposal, and that “all parties must seize this moment to give peace a real chance,” said an information partner CBS Network, BBC News.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Turk, told CBS News that “everything that brings us to a cease-fire, the release of hostages, at the end of the carnage we see, and at the end of incredible suffering, and a way for peace is welcome.”



