‘It’s All Bullsh*t’: Tim Walz Goes On Anti-Second Amendment Rant

https://www.profitableratecpm.com/f4ffsdxe?key=39b1ebce72f3758345b2155c98e6709c

Minnesota Democratic Gov. Tim Walz unleashed a furious rant against the Second Amendment during a news conference Tuesday in which he signed executive orders that he said would reduce gun violence.

Walz has come under fire in the wake of a welfare fraud scandal involving more than $1 billion, with some state employees accusing him of engaging in “systemic” retaliation against whistleblowers who warned about the schemes. Walz lashed out at Republicans in the state legislature for refusing to pass a ban on so-called “assault weapons,” and attacked those who viewed the proposed gun ban as an attack on freedom.

“It’s time to start saying this is all bullshit,” Walz told reporters. (RELATED: MS NOW Host Wasted No Time in Praising Australia for Pushing Further Gun Control After Mass Shooting)

“We are the deadly weapons capital of the world, because people made the decision to protect gun manufacturers and those who are unwilling to take responsible action,” Walz said earlier in the news conference, in which he discussed a school shooting and an attack on Democratic state lawmakers as he signed orders creating a safety council and also requiring insurance companies to provide gun data.

WATCH:

A gunman opened fire during a mass at Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis on the morning of August 27, killing two children and injuring at least 17 others before killing himself. The suspected shooter, a biological male identified as transgender, posted several videos on YouTube showing guns engraved with messages calling for the death of President Donald Trump.

Democratic state Rep. Melissa Hortmann of Minnesota and her husband were assassinated in June, while another state lawmaker and his wife were injured. Hortmann’s accused assassin, who is a former Walz political appointee, claimed he was acting on behalf of the Minnesota governor in a letter to the FBI, according to the New York Daily News.

Walz said he intends for Minnesota to use data obtained from insurance companies to conduct research on the public health costs of guns.

“We’re going to use this data to do research that the federal government is too cowardly to do, to understand that this is a public health crisis that could be attacked like any other public health crisis if we just had the courage,” Walz said. “So I encourage these insurance companies to hire your lawyers, if that’s what you want to do and not provide this data, but I can tell you this thing is rock solid and you’re going to provide it.”

During the 2024 campaign, when he was selected as the Democratic vice presidential nominee, Walz was criticized for his comments in a video posted on

“Assault weapons” is a euphemism that gun control advocates use to garner support for banning certain semi-automatic firearms with features that provide cosmetic similarity to firearms capable of operating fully automatically. (RELATED: ‘We Need More Idiot Control’: John Kennedy Rejects Calls to Ban Guns)

“What has been erroneously called an ‘assault weapon’ is a semi-automatic firearm that fires a single round with each pull of the trigger (as opposed to a fully automatic firearm – a machine gun – which continues firing until the trigger is released),” the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) said in a fact sheet.

All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent, nonpartisan news service, is available free to any legitimate news publisher capable of delivering a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and DCNF affiliation. For questions about our guidelines or our partnership, please contact licenses@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button