Key witness in Holly Bobo case admits he fabricated testimony, petition says

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Almost a decade after a man was found guilty of having killed a nursing student in Tennessee, the defense asked a new trial asking a new trial, quoting the admission of a key witness to the manufacture of testimony.
Holly Bobo, 20, disappeared from her rural house in 2011, causing in -depth research that ended with her body found more than three years later.
Zachary Adams and two other men were charged in the abduction, rape and murder of Bobo, Adams being the only defendant who chose to be judged. He was subsequently found guilty of all accusations in 2017 and sentenced to life prison for over 50 more years.
Calls of 911, the police report details the somber chronology of the tragic death of the daughter of Arizona

Holly Bobo smiles on an un dated photo. Bobo disappeared from his house in Tennessee in 2011, causing massive research which ended three years later after the discovery of his body. (Handout)
During the Adams trial, the key witness Jason others spoke in detail about how Bobo was kidnapped and raped before being wrapped in a blanket, thrown at the back of a van and killed under a bridge near a local river.
“It looked like, Boom, Boom, Boom, under this bridge,” said Autry to the jury. “It was just a blow but it resounded. The birds went everywhere, all under this bridge. Then, a dead silence for a second.”
Since the investigators never found DNA evidence connecting Adams to Bobo, the accusation mainly relied on the testimony of the detainees of witnesses and Adams, who said that he had spoken to injure Bobo after the murder.
The mother of the victim of Idaho Murder finds an unexpected peace in the controversial advocacy agreement of Killer

Zach Adams turns to his mother after a Jury of the county of Hardin found him guilty of all the accusations on September 22, 2017 in Savannah, Tennessee. (Kenneth Cummings / USA Today Network)
The dramatic trial included an emotional testimony, Bobo’s mother, Karen, collapsed on the stand of witnesses.
Autry subsequently pleaded guilty to less accusations after being congratulated by the judge for his testimony and was sentenced to eight years in prison. He was released in 2020.
Adams brother John Dylan Adams also pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 35 years in prison.
However, in a judicial file in 2024 known as the petition of Coram Nobis, Zachary Adams revealed that others retracted his testimony and asked for a new trial. Adams said that Detry made his story in order to keep away from the prison.
Parents believe that the girl who disappeared from the cruise ship 27 years ago is still alive

Jason Autry identifies Zach Adams during his testimony on day 4 of the Holly Bobo test on September 14, 2017 in Savannah, Tennessee. (Kenneth Cummings / USA Today Network)
Months earlier, Autry met Dr. Katie Spirko, a medical and clinical neuropsychologist, and admitted to having made history after his lawyer warned him that he was “95% sure of a conviction”, before the 2017 trial, according to the petition.
“”[Autry] I had to invent, “Dana McLendon III, Spirko’s lawyer, told Fox News Digital.” Because he knew that the chances that the others were not going to be condemned were very weak, and he wanted to save his own skin. “”
McLendon declared that Pantry had previously expressed his regret after his testimony.
The Podcast True Crime of Detectives helps to dig up the breakthrough in case this haunted family: “Drew Audible Gasp”

A view of the Jimmy Mann Evans commemorative bridge off Old Cuba Landing Road. The murder of Holly Bobo would have taken place under the bridge in April 2011. (Paula Ospina / The Jackson Sun via USA Today Network)
“He said to Dr. Spirko when he had left the trial after being buried Zach, he felt terrible because he knew he had just put an innocent man in prison,” said McLendon.
According to the petition, others admitted having formulated the story in his prison cell while examining the evidence of discovery, while relying on mobile phone data to nail details.
“It was a man who said to a jury that he had started to try to hide what he believes to be Holly Bobo’s body, and ended up being present when she was murdered,” said McLendon. “So you can ask yourself, how does a man go from a co-defender of the death penalty not to serve no additional time for this role? How does it happen? And the answer is that the accusation would say later that without the testimony of Jason Autry, he would not have been able to condemn this type-and this is only the tip of the iceberg.”
3 Chilling Chils Crime Case of women who is vagnated and neux returns
However, the District Assistant Prosecutor, Jennifer Nichols, insisted that the petition of Adams was to be supported by sworn affidavits, writing that the testimony of since – which was presented in court in a video interview – is “considered with suspicion”.
Nichols also said that Adams would have been condemned without testimony of others, while showing “incriminating admissions” of Adams surrounding the death of Bobo.
Last year, a judge took the party of the accusation by granting the request of the State to reject the request of Adams for a new trial, finally determining that Pantry has not proven an alibi for Adams or underline the proof of another guilt.
Get real -time updates directly on the Real hub crime
“The new declarations of Mr. Autry do not leave this probably serious or substantial court that Mr. Adams is in fact innocent,” wrote the judge in his decision.
The lawyer of others refused the request for comments from Fox News Digital.
Earlier this year, Adams returned to court for a rescue hearing after the conviction, the judge finally ruled that a video of others retrained from his testimony was not eligible for the court, according to Short TV. The hearing was temporarily suspended while Adams appealed the decision.
Follow the Fox True Crime team on x
However, the Tennessee Court of Appeal refused to hear the appeal and the case should resume in November, with hearings restarting earlier this month.
The Adams lawyer and the District Prosecutor’s Office of Hardin did not immediately respond to the Fox News Digital Comments.
In light of Adams’ prosecution of a new trial, McLendon hopes that his conviction will be canceled and that the authorities will focus on the search for the real Bobo killer.
Click here to obtain the Fox News app
“”This community was bubbling with the need for closure and justice, “McLendon told Fox News Digital.” So, when you choose a jury from a pool of people waiting for this case wrapped for six years, and then they were given a parjured testimony and the defense is essentially not refused that they have had all the proofs.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.




