Pete Hegseth Announces Dangerous Expansion of ICE’s Powers


Defense Secretary, Pete Hegseth, now allows ice to use US military bases to hold undertaken immigrants as part of Donald Trump’s deportation efforts.
In a brief letter Signed Tuesday, Hegseth approved the Anterbury camp in Indiana and the McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey “for temporary use by the Ministry of Internal Security to house illegal foreigners”.
Hegseth insisted that the policy “would not negatively affect military training, operations, preparation or other military requirements, including the National Guard and preparation for the reserve”.
So, in a way to have trangender serve In the army affects the preparation, but the recovery of military installations as the internment camps does not do it? In the case of both policies, the Trump administration performs an incredibly radical program that will only make human suffering.
It was the first reported In May, this ATERBURY camp was considered a possible detention center, while arrests of immigration to Indiana jumped. The base, which is operated by the National Guard, was part of a dozen military bases which hosted Hundreds of Afghan refugees in his barracks from 2021.
On Friday, in a statement, representative André Carson said that he had asked the federal government to confirm if he intended to use the military training center in May, but received no response. This week, the Indiana democrat obtained his answer.
“I remain concerned about this use of the ATERBURY camp given the deplorable and inhuman conditions in other ice ownership facilities on a national level,” said Carson in a statement, highlighting the “alarming rate” of prisoners during the second Trump administration. At least 12 people have died in ice detention so far this year.
“This is a dark period for our nation. I will continue to fight these illegal and cruel policies and I will actively monitor the activities of the Aterbury camp to ensure human and health conditions,” added Carson.
A group of Democratic legislators from New Jersey also published a statement, the decision of the Trump administration.
“This is an inappropriate use of our national defense system and militarizes a radical immigration policy which led to the inhuman treatment of undocumented immigrants and the illegal expulsion of American citizens, including children, through the country,” said the statement Senators Cory Booker and Andy Kim, and representatives Herb Conaway Jr., Bonnie Watson Coleman, Rob Menendez, Frank Pallone, Nellie Pou, Donald Norcross, Lamonica McIiver and Josh Gottheimer.


