State Department revokes visas of foreigners celebrating Charlie Kirk death

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The State Department said Tuesday that the United States is not obligated to welcome foreigners who wish harm on Americans, before releasing a list of six people whose visas were revoked for making vile remarks about the assassination of Charlie Kirk.
The agency noted that the Trump administration would take action against those celebrating Kirk’s death.
“The State Department continues to identify visa holders who celebrated the heinous assassination of Charlie Kirk,” the agency wrote on
Among those whose visa was revoked was an unnamed Argentine citizen who said Kirk “dedicated his entire life to spreading racist, xenophobic and misogynistic rhetoric” and deserved to burn in hell.
LEGISLATOR WHO LINKED KIRK TO ‘DOMESTIC TERRORISM’ FACED CALLS FOR DEPORTATION AMID POLITICIAN RETURNS NATIONWIDE

The State Department revealed Tuesday that six foreign nationals had their visas revoked for celebrating the assassination of Charlie Kirk. (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)
A South African citizen mocked the Americans who mourned Kirk, saying “they were hurt that the racist rally ended in an attempted martyrdom” and alleging “he was used to astroturf a white nationalist caravan movement.”
A Mexican citizen said that Kirk “died being a racist, he died being a misogynist”, and added: “There are people who deserve to die. There are people who would make the world a better place dead.”
A German national said of Kirk that “when fascists die, Democrats don’t complain.” A Brazilian visa holder wrote that “Charlie Kirk was behind a Nazi rally where they marched in tribute to him” and that he “died too late.”
PENTAGON SUPPRESSION OF SPEECH AGAINST ANTI-KIRK POSTS ECHOES 2021 ACTION AGAINST RIGHT-WING EXTREMISM

An image of slain conservative commentator Charlie Kirk is placed on a memorial in his honor at Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah. The State Department said it revoked the visas of several foreigners following negative comments about Kirk’s killing. (Jim Urquhart/Reuters)
A Paraguayan national said: “Charlie Kirk was a son’s son and he died by his own rules.”
The State Department ended every example shared on X with “Visa revoked.”
Vice President JD Vance and other Trump administration officials have encouraged people to speak out against offensive comments about Kirk that they see online.
In an article published last month, Deputy Secretary of State Christopher Landau said, “Foreigners who glorify violence and hatred are not welcome in our country.”

The exterior of the State Department complex is seen March 14, 2023 in Washington, DC. (Nathan Posner/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“I was disgusted to see some on social media praising, rationalizing or ridiculing the event, and I have asked our consular officials to take appropriate action,” he added. “Please feel free to bring such comments from outsiders to my attention so that the @StateDept can protect the American people.”



