Dodgers put Tanner Scott on IL, but hopeful he returns this season

https://www.profitableratecpm.com/f4ffsdxe?key=39b1ebce72f3758345b2155c98e6709c

Dodgers still want and need to acquire a lifter in the next nine days.

But, at one point after the commercial deadline of July 31, they also hope to add Tanner Scott in the enclosure of the enclosures.

In what could be the last ball that the Dodgers recently dodged on the injury front, Scott was put on the list of injured on Tuesday with what was initially described as an “inflammation of the elbow” – preserving the hope that his season might not be finished after leaving the match on Monday with a “spice sensation” in his forearm.

Tuesday afternoon, director Dave Roberts and Managing Director Brandon Gomes said the club was waiting for its medical staff to fully examine the results of an MRI exam that Scott had earlier during the day.

But the two noted that Scott, who was 31 years old on Tuesday, reported an improvement in his elbow compared to what he felt on Monday, when he left the mound by bending his launch arm after having stung a cursor in the dirt during the ninth round of the opening of the Dodgers on the twins of Minnesota.

“Tanner came by feeling very well,” said Gomes, “so we will wait to see the full report and from there.”

“I still hope we will recover Tanner at some point,” added Roberts.

Scott disappointed in the first season of his $ 72 million contract over four years with the team, displaying an MPM of 4.14 in 47 outings with only 19 stops in 26 opportunities.

However, losing it for the season would have been an important blow for a team of dodgers who has already seen the key lifter Evan Phillips undergo Tommy John surgery and sailed in long -term injuries at Blake Treinen (which is approaching the completion of a rehabilitation assignment), Michael Kopech (who hopes to return from the Ellicible ELLIDB in August) At the time of the Ellicible in August) and Brusdar (Brusdar (is still at the time of the Ell at the end of the ELL at the end of the ELL at the end of the EL in August) and Brusdar (WHO is still in the event of the ELL during the Eligible in August) and Brusdar (Brateral (Estes-Awiths at AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AU AUX AUX AUTER SURGEGY SURGEGY. the gap all year round).

“He does not launch baseball as well as he is going to launch baseball,” said Roberts, keeping hope not only that Scott will return, but also an improved form in the section this year. “But just to have someone who is there, who takes baseball, was huge.”

Of course, Scott’s problems (as well as similar scratches from the signing of his compatriot outside the Kirby Yates season) highlighted the need for Dodgers to target another high level lift on the deadline of this year and to strengthen the enclosure of the raising of 24th at the time and a large scale in the conferences.

Before Scott’s injury on Monday, the president of baseball operations, Andrew Friedman, said: “Whenever a player who moves a needle is available, we are going to get involved”, when the team was asked to meet his need for enclosure.

To that end, there should be no shortage of attractive options, with as many as nine top link in your expectated to be available to some degree-from minnesota twins flamethrower jhoan durán, to multi-time all-stars such as emmanuel clase of the cleveland guardians and david bednar of the Pittsburgh pirates, to established veteran closers such as the tampa bay rays’ pete fairbanks and baltimore félix bautista of orioles, and perhaps even the young star of athletics mason Miller.

Apart from the cardinals of St. Louis, the right-hander Ryan Helsley, however, almost all the biggest relief objectives of this year are under the control of the team beyond this season.

This means that the acquisition costs will be high, at least in the eyes of the front office of a dodgers who has been suspicious for a long time to spend on the listeners on the deadline.

“Prices are always crazy on the deadline,” said Gomes. “This is why we did everything we could offset so as not to have to buy.”

Dodgers have an internal depth they like.

This week, the team called Edgardo Henriquez, a hard launch right-hander that missed the start of the year with a broken foot, and Alexis Diaz, the former All-Star closer for the Reds of Cincinnati.

Friedman also suggested that with Blake Snell and Roki Sasaki working towards the feedback from injury, there could be excess starting launchers who end up being transferred to the enclosure of lifters later this year.

“We think we are going to arrive in a place where we will not have enough launcher places for our starting launcher,” said Friedman. “There could therefore be overflows in the enclosure of the lifters.”

However, the addition of another high -effect arm at the rear of the group remains a priority.

If Scott had been lost for the year, this burden would only have increased.

“Once we had Dr. [Neal] Elattrache’s point of view, we will obviously have more clarity, “said Roberts, who plans to get closer to Scott in the absence.” But at the moment, speaking to training staff, we feel good about it. “”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button