New Report Reveals CIA Director John Ratcliffe Dropped One Heck of a Boss Move on Cuban Regime – RedState


As we reported, while President Donald Trump was in China about ten days ago, CIA Director John Ratcliffe took a surprise trip to Cuba.
The CIA announced the trip by posting pictures of the meeting Ratcliffe had with Cuban leaders, with the faces of some of the CIA folks sitting with him blurred out. He reportedly delivered a message from Trump that the United States was prepared to “engage on economic and security issues, but only if Cuba makes fundamental changes.”
Just the CIA being there was likely a message in itself. The CIA is not normally fronting diplomatic outreach. It was a “Understand our capabilities — you don’t want to hit the ‘find out’ stage.”
READ MORE: What Was the CIA Director Doing in Cuba?
But as it turns out, Ratcliffe put even more of an exclamation point on that message, according to a CBS report, with one heck of a boss move. It’s important to note in explaining this report that the former Venezuelan leader, Nicholas Maduro, had a Cuban security detail. In part because so many Venezuelans hated him. So it was safer for him than having Venezuelans in the detail. But in the capture of Maduro, Cuba claims that a number of those Cuban security people were killed.
According to the report, when Ratcliffe was in Cuba meeting with Cuban officials, he brought along the “paramilitary officer” involved in the mission to capture Maduro earlier this year.
Ratcliffe made a point of introducing the paramilitary leader to the Cubans as the one who killed their people in Venezuela, several sources said.
The presence of a paramilitary officer who was involved in capturing a key partner of the Cuban government just months earlier may have been intended to send a signal.
Ya think? Talk about a message.
What a boss move 😂 https://t.co/cXOvbWEUjJ
— Daniel Di Martino (@DanielDiMartino) May 22, 2026
“If I lived in Havana and I was in the government, I’d be concerned, at least a little bit,” he said.” https://t.co/cHks6wQzcX
— Alberto Miguel Fernandez (@AlbertoMiguelF5) May 22, 2026
Add to the other pressure the U.S. is putting on for change, including the indictment against former leader Raúl Castro. At this point, they’ve already had a lot of people in the streets, protesting the failures of the government. Then, too, the USS Nimitz carrier strike group is also in the area. Although its deployment was planned for a while, it’s also something that they would have to keep in mind.
Welcome to the Caribbean, Nimitz Carrier Strike Group!
The aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68), the embarked Carrier Air Wing 17 (CVW-17), USS Gridley (DDG 101) and USNS Patuxent (T-AO 201) are the epitome of readiness and presence, unmatched reach and lethality, and strategic… pic.twitter.com/83mfzSIKzd
— U.S. Southern Command (@Southcom) May 20, 2026
READ MORE: ‘America Does Not Forget’: Raul Castro Indicted in Murder of Four Cuban-American Flyers
Cuba Hitting Critical Mass As Fuel Runs Out, Protesters Are in the Streets
If they’re not getting the message that a change is coming, they’re not paying attention, at this point. I think if I were them, I’d be considering making some of those serious changes Ratcliffe was talking about. But, ideally, the people just say enough and take out the Communist regime after all these years.
Editor’s Note: Do you enjoy RedState’s conservative reporting that takes on the radical left and woke media? Support our work so that we can continue to bring you the truth.
Join RedState VIP and use promo code FIGHT to receive 60% off your membership.


