Trump news at a glance: list of countries under US travel ban set to grow | Trump administration

The United States plans to expand the number of countries covered by its travel ban to more than 30, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kristi Noem announced.
The bans apply to both immigrants and non-immigrants, such as tourists, students and business travelers. It adds to the list of 19 countries already facing travel restrictions, including Afghanistan, Burma, Burundi, Chad, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Haiti, Iran, Laos, Libya, Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Turkmenistan, Venezuela and Yemen.
Noem did not specify which countries would be added to the list.
Immigration groups and lawmakers have sharply criticized the escalation and are considering suspending applications from the 19 countries already named, a move that comes amid reports that naturalization ceremonies for people on the travel ban list are also being canceled.
Noem reveals plans to expand US travel ban
“I won’t be specific on the number, but it’s over 30 and the president continues to evaluate countries,” she said in an interview with Fox News.
An expansion of the list would mark a further escalation of immigration actions taken by the administration since the shooting of two National Guard members in Washington DC last week.
Read the full story
U.S. Supreme Court to rule on legality of Trump’s birthright citizenship order
The justices will hear the president’s request to uphold his birthright citizenship executive order, issued just hours after Trump took office for his second term and immediately blocked from taking effect.
The order was a controversial part of the administration’s sweeping immigration crackdown — and a move that would transform the interpretation of a 19th-century constitutional provision.
Read the full story
Survivors clung to the wreckage of the boat for an hour before the second deadly attack.
Two men who survived a U.S. airstrike on a boat suspected of drug trafficking in the Caribbean clung to the wreckage for an hour before being killed in a second attack, according to video of the episode shown to Washington senators.
The men were shirtless, unarmed and carrying no radios or other visible communications equipment. They also appeared to have no idea what had just hit them, or that the U.S. military was considering whether to finish them off, two sources familiar with the recording told Reuters.
Read the full story
US policy document lays bare Trump’s support for European far-right
Donald Trump’s administration has said Europe faces “civilizational erasure” over the next two decades due to immigration and European integration, arguing in a policy document that the United States must “cultivate resistance” within the continent to “Europe’s current trajectory.” Presented as “a road map to ensure that America remains the greatest and most prosperous nation in human history and the home of freedom on earth”, the US national security strategy makes explicit Washington’s support for European far-right parties.
Read the full story
CDC panel votes to limit hepatitis B vaccines for newborns
Vaccine advisers to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) voted Friday morning to limit hepatitis vaccines, a major move that reflects the Trump administration’s regressive approach to vaccines that have been administered safely and effectively for decades.
U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s panel of advisers has voted to remove the broad recommendation that all newborns in the United States receive a hepatitis B vaccine.
Read the full story
US federal judge orders disclosure of Epstein grand jury documents
U.S. District Judge Rodney Smith ruled that the Epstein Files Transparency Act, signed into law last month by Donald Trump, overstepped federal rules barring the disclosure of grand jury documents.
Friday’s ruling approved the Justice Department’s request to unseal documents from the 2006-2007 federal grand jury investigation of Epstein in Florida. An earlier attempt to release those same transcripts was rejected by another judge earlier this year.
Read the full story
Trump administration moves to deny visas to fact-checkers and content moderators
The action, detailed in a State Department memo sent to missions abroad this week, reported first by Reuters and then by NPR, orders consular officials to deny visas to any applicant “responsible for or complicit in censoring or attempting to censor protected expression in the United States.”
Read the full story
Ilhan Omar on Trump’s anti-Somali tirade: he ‘knows he’s failing’
Ilhan Omar, the Minnesota representative of Somali descent, wrote in an essay published by the New York Times that Donald Trump attacks her and her community with bigotry because he “knows he is failing.” The US president called Somali Americans “trash” earlier this week in a racist speech.
Read the full story
What else happened today:
A catch-up? Here’s what happened December 4, 2025.


