US military kills 2 suspected narco-terrorists in Eastern Pacific strike

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The US military carried out a deadly strike on a suspected drug trafficking ship in the Eastern Pacific on Friday, killing two suspected narcoterrorists, according to the US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM).
“On April 24, under the direction of #SOUTHCOM Commander General Francis L. Donovan, Joint Task Force Southern Spear conducted a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel operated by designated terrorist organizations,” SOUTHCOM said in an article on X.
“Intelligence confirmed that the vessel was transiting known drug trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was engaged in drug trafficking operations,” the message continued. “Two narcoterrorists were killed during this action. “No U.S. military forces were injured.”
Suspected narcoterrorists killed as US forces strike suspected drug smuggling ship in Caribbean

U.S. forces carried out a strike on a suspected drug smuggling ship in the Eastern Pacific, killing two people, officials said. (United States Southern Command)
SOUTHCOM did not immediately provide additional details on the identities of those killed or the specific groups involved.
The US military has carried out numerous strikes in recent months against ships suspected of drug trafficking, part of a broader campaign to dismantle trafficking operations linked to cartels.
The strike comes less than a week after SOUTHCOM said it carried out a similar operation in the Caribbean, killing three suspected narcoterrorists.
The United States and Ecuador launch joint operations targeting narcoterrorist groups: SOUTHCOM

(L-R) U.S. Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Francis L. Donovan and U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Joshua M. Rudd testify during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on their nominations at the Capitol in Washington, DC, January 15, 2026. (Brendan SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)
Earlier this month, the military struck a suspected drug trafficking ship in the Eastern Pacific, killing four suspected narcoterrorists, SOUTHCOM said.
SOUTHCOM is responsible for military operations in Central and South America and the Caribbean, including counternarcotics missions aimed at disrupting drug trafficking networks that threaten U.S. interests.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

US military operations targeting ships suspected of drug trafficking continue under President Donald Trump. (Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)
The Eastern Pacific remains a key corridor for narcotics trafficking, with cartels often using small, fast ships to transport drugs to the United States and Central America.
Alex Nitzberg and Greg Wehner of Fox News Digital contributed to this report.


